It is said your 20s are all about being adventurous, learning from your mistakes, and figuring out your path.
Don’t get me wrong, I feel like I have definitely done all of that in my 29 years. But I can’t help but want to do just a little more. So since my not-so-dreaded 30th birthday looms in the near future, I decided to set some goals for myself.
Over the next year, I am going to do my absolute best to mark each item below off of my “30 Before 30 List.” I mean, you only turn 30 once, right!?
My list is full of small goals, big aspirations, frivolous tasks, meaningful actions, and everything in between. So, I thought I would bring you all along for the ride. Here we go!
30 Things To Do Before I Turn 30
- Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years.
- Feed elephants.
- Go to a creative professional development conference.
- Dance in the rain.
- Throw a themed party and go all out.
- Spend the night at my grandparents’ house again.
- Become more politically aware.
- Embrace and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Embrace my body type and love it.
- Do something that scares me.
- Start a tradition.
- See Niagara Falls.
- Get involved with a charity and donate my time.
- Go to a concert in another state.
- Visit the West coast.
- Visit a couture fashion exhibit.
- Donate blood.
- Carve my name into a tree.
- Pay for a stranger’s meal.
- Visit 20 states. (I have already been to 15!)
- Grow my blog.
- Rekindle an old friendship.
- Create a colorful makeup look- and wear it out.
- Go to a pottery wheel class.
- Work on growing and maintaining a healthy, self confident outlook.
- Become more financially sound.
- Plan my 30th Birthday.
- Hand embroider a item of clothing.
- Join a community or organization for creatives.
- Research buying a home.
Truthfully, writing this list was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Not because of the things I haven’t done yet, but because of all of the truly wonderful experiences I have had in my first 29 years. I mean, damn, I’m one lucky gal!
Make sure you check back often for updates. I can’t wait to mark off each and every one of the items above and keep living my best life!